Overview of Changes:
Added 5 new HR Business Partner opportunities supporting the following schools/units:
- Batten / Curry
- Arts & Sciences / Library
- SOM / HS Library
- Facilities Management
- Upgraded from Business Partner to Sr. HR Business Partner for President’s Office, EVP & COO, SVP for Operations, Advancement, Diversity, Student Affairs, and Police Department
Added 2 new Talent Support, Academic opportunities
- HR Assistant, Talent Support
- HR Associate, Talent Support
- Moved 2 HR Associate, Talent Support Health System, and 2 HR Assistant, Talent Support Health System from the Service COE to the Talent COE under Talent Recruitment
- Added 1 HR Consultant, Organizational Development Health System opportunity
- Added 1 Sr. Consultant, Performance Management, Health System opportunity
- Changed reporting structure for the Health System, Senior Director, Service; this position will now have a solid line to the CHRO with a dotted line to AVP Service
- Removed Manager, Medical Center Recruitment position and Manager, School of Medicine Recruitment position
- Added 1 Director, HR Health System Talent Recruitment opportunity
- Upgraded the Director, HR Talent Recruitment to Sr. Director, HR Talent Recruitment
- Added 1 Recruiter, Non-nursing opportunity
From Kelley Stuck: I am pleased to announce that Michael Latsko will be joining the Office of the CHRO as the Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives. Michael is the first internal hire into a leadership role in the new HR organization and I hope that you will join me in congratulating him.
Michael is a highly valued member of the HR team and brings significant experience, perspective, and insight to the teams on which he serves. He is currently directing the talent selection and transition process for the Ufirst project, and previously held project leadership roles in the selection of our new HR technology solution and in designing the IMPACT and Decision Support function. Michael joined the University in 2012 to lead HR consulting services, and later went on to establish UHR’s strategic systems and support team.
Before joining UVA, Michael’s HR work was in private sector online professional publishing companies. A “double Hoo,” he holds undergraduate and law degrees from the University, and is certified as an HR professional by the Society of Human Resource Management and the HR Certification Institute. He is an officer of the Virginia SHRM state council and the Virginia chapter of the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR).
Michael’s official start date is June 26, 2017 but we will gradually transition his duties on the Ufirst project as he begins his new role.