- "I am blown away by the fact that we will finally be able to track BSNs (Bachelor of Science in Nursing). This has been a pain point for years."
- "This is exciting (competency tracking) but we (Patient Care Services) have much work to do to get ready."
From Kelley Stuck: It is my pleasure to announce that John Kosky will be joining our team as the Assistant Vice President for IMPACT and Decision Support. John brings more than 17 years of experience as an HR leader in higher education.
The AVP IMPACT and Decision Support role requires a unique blend of knowledge and experience. In his previous role as a Human Resources Associate Vice President at The George Washington University (GW), John leveraged data and analytics to develop and direct strategies in support of the university’s ability to recruit, motivate, engage, develop, and reward employees. This included leadership of compensation administration, benefits strategy, wellness, work-life effectiveness, and rewards and recognition programming. He also served as Executive Director of Compensation Administration at GW.
Prior to GW, John spent nearly 10 years at Emory University. He designed and implemented Emory’s first-ever HR function focused on the work-life needs of faculty, staff, and graduate students, ultimately earning national recognition for the program by the Alliance for Work-Life Progress. John began his career in higher education at Clayton College and State University in Georgia.
John holds an MBA from the University of Georgia and a Master of Law degree from Emory, as well as numerous HR professional certifications (e.g., SPHR, CEBS, and CCP) and memberships (e.g., SHRM, CUPA-HR, and Center for Creative Leadership). He is a veteran of the United States Army.
I hope that you will join me in welcoming John when he starts his new role on September 1.
Overview of Changes:
Added 5 new HR Business Partner opportunities supporting the following schools/units:
- Batten / Curry
- Arts & Sciences / Library
- SOM / HS Library
- Facilities Management
- Upgraded from Business Partner to Sr. HR Business Partner for President’s Office, EVP & COO, SVP for Operations, Advancement, Diversity, Student Affairs, and Police Department
Added 2 new Talent Support, Academic opportunities
- HR Assistant, Talent Support
- HR Associate, Talent Support
- Moved 2 HR Associate, Talent Support Health System, and 2 HR Assistant, Talent Support Health System from the Service COE to the Talent COE under Talent Recruitment
- Added 1 HR Consultant, Organizational Development Health System opportunity
- Added 1 Sr. Consultant, Performance Management, Health System opportunity
- Changed reporting structure for the Health System, Senior Director, Service; this position will now have a solid line to the CHRO with a dotted line to AVP Service
- Removed Manager, Medical Center Recruitment position and Manager, School of Medicine Recruitment position
- Added 1 Director, HR Health System Talent Recruitment opportunity
- Upgraded the Director, HR Talent Recruitment to Sr. Director, HR Talent Recruitment
- Added 1 Recruiter, Non-nursing opportunity