The new HR technology Workday will be launching fewer than nine weeks from now on January 7, 2019. Workday will replace Oracle, Peoplesoft and UltiPro for HR services. UVA HR and the Ufirst Project team are proactively working to prepare for potential challenges, minimize disruption, communicate changes, and resolve issues quickly when they arise. In the coming weeks, you will receive a series of emails to keep you informed and to help you prepare for the changes before, during and after Workday go-live. The Ufirst website will be kept updated with detailed information.
THE FOLLOWING IS INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW, AND ACTIONS YOU NEED TO TAKE, NOW.
Workday Training – Take it now
Workday training is available at http://workday.hr.virginia.edu/. Please take the Workday Essentials eLearning course so you know how to use Workday. If you manage people, please also complete the Manager Essentials course. You may choose to take the eLearning module or register for an instructor-led session.
A critical step during the launch is to load data from our current systems into Workday. This is planned for November 30. Therefore, any transactions other than time and absence entry, between November 30, 2018 and January 7, 2019 should be kept to a minimum. Below is an overview of the cutover timeline. For detailed information, please visit: https://ufirst.virginia.edu/cutover-timeline.
- Any changes you want or need to make to your HR record including, name, address, emergency contacts, tax forms or banking information should be completed by November 30.
- After November 30 we ask that you only make changes that are time sensitive and must be made to support a smooth transition before January 7.
- Required benefits changes can be made during this time by contacting the HR Solution Center, askHR@virginia.edu or 434-243-3344.
Time Entry and Approvals
- Academic Bi-Weekly: the last day to enter and approve time or absence in Oracle/SSTL is January 4, 2019.
- UPG Bi-Weekly: the last day to enter or approve time or absence in UltiPro is December 30, 2018. Time worked from December 31 – January 6 can be entered in Workday starting January 7, 2019.
- Monthly (UPG & Academic): the last day to enter time off in Oracle SSTL or UltiPro will be December 25, 2018. Time off used after December 25, 2018 can be entered in Workday starting January 7, 2019.
- Medical Center will continue to use Kronos for all time and labor activity (scheduling and PTO).
- Pay calendars will not change as a result of Workday.
- Payslips will be viewable in Workday for the first time on the following dates:
- January 4, 2019 – Medical Center and UPG Bi-weekly Payday
- January 11, 2019 – Academic Division Bi-weekly Payday
- February 1, 2019 – Academic and UPG Monthly Payday
- W2’s for 2018 will be accessed through your current HR system, not Workday
Performance evaluation activity in current systems completed by October 31, 2018 will migrate to Workday. View only access will be available after November 1.
Hiring managers should work directly with their Recruiter to determine the details of how existing open positions will be addressed.
Thank you for taking the actions necessary as we make final preparations for the Workday launch.
Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer