Overview of Changes:
Added 5 new HR Business Partner opportunities supporting the following schools/units:
- Batten / Curry
- Arts & Sciences / Library
- SOM / HS Library
- Facilities Management
- Upgraded from Business Partner to Sr. HR Business Partner for President’s Office, EVP & COO, SVP for Operations, Advancement, Diversity, Student Affairs, and Police Department
Added 2 new Talent Support, Academic opportunities
- HR Assistant, Talent Support
- HR Associate, Talent Support
- Moved 2 HR Associate, Talent Support Health System, and 2 HR Assistant, Talent Support Health System from the Service COE to the Talent COE under Talent Recruitment
- Added 1 HR Consultant, Organizational Development Health System opportunity
- Added 1 Sr. Consultant, Performance Management, Health System opportunity
- Changed reporting structure for the Health System, Senior Director, Service; this position will now have a solid line to the CHRO with a dotted line to AVP Service
- Removed Manager, Medical Center Recruitment position and Manager, School of Medicine Recruitment position
- Added 1 Director, HR Health System Talent Recruitment opportunity
- Upgraded the Director, HR Talent Recruitment to Sr. Director, HR Talent Recruitment
- Added 1 Recruiter, Non-nursing opportunity
From Kelley Stuck: I am pleased to announce that Michael Latsko will be joining the Office of the CHRO as the Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives. Michael is the first internal hire into a leadership role in the new HR organization and I hope that you will join me in congratulating him.
Michael is a highly valued member of the HR team and brings significant experience, perspective, and insight to the teams on which he serves. He is currently directing the talent selection and transition process for the Ufirst project, and previously held project leadership roles in the selection of our new HR technology solution and in designing the IMPACT and Decision Support function. Michael joined the University in 2012 to lead HR consulting services, and later went on to establish UHR’s strategic systems and support team.
Before joining UVA, Michael’s HR work was in private sector online professional publishing companies. A “double Hoo,” he holds undergraduate and law degrees from the University, and is certified as an HR professional by the Society of Human Resource Management and the HR Certification Institute. He is an officer of the Virginia SHRM state council and the Virginia chapter of the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR).
Michael’s official start date is June 26, 2017 but we will gradually transition his duties on the Ufirst project as he begins his new role.
From Kelley Stuck: Given the knowledge I have gained after a more detailed assessment of organizational requirements, and in consultation with colleagues who assisted in the search for our Senior Communications Director, I have decided to move forward with a communications consultant rather than filling the position permanently. I am pleased to announce that Ginny Clemenko will join UVA in this consulting role. Ginny and her family recently relocated to Charlottesville to be nearer to family. Before relocating to Charlottesville, Ginny was the Vice President and Group Head for Edelman Public Relations in Washington, D.C., where she provided leadership in areas such as audience research and analysis, writing and editing, social media content and strategy, program measurement and evaluation and stakeholder relations. Ginny will be joining my leadership team in May.
Likewise, I have identified a need for increased support as we transition from current state to future state. To support this important work from an operations perspective, I am posting the position of Sr. Director for HR Strategic Initiatives (position description attached). It is my intent to have all administrative and communications positions within the CHRO office report to this position. The individual in this role will also provide functional direction in partnership with Fredrick Martin in his new role. Please rest assured that I do not intend to increase the number of positions in the CHRO office. This position will be posted internally as soon as possible. I believe that an internal hire will best be able to serve both me and the organization in this role.
We continue to evaluate candidates for the AVP for IMPACT and Decision Support, a broad role that oversees several HR services that will be new to the organization. For this reason, I continue to seek an individual that I believe has the best experience and is a good fit for the organization. More recently posted is the AVP for Talent. The pool of candidates is developing nicely, and I hope to begin selecting candidates to begin the interview process in the next few weeks. Finally, the AVP for Service will post later this week. ESG will be assisting me in conducting all three of these searches.
Thanks for your patience and support during this initial hiring process. I’ve learned a lot and look forward to next steps in building our new HR organization.