The Vendor Selection Journey
The Ufirst technology team is helping the University imagine new possibilities and capabilities with state-of-the-art technology, defining the future-state HR technology architecture, and preparing the University data and systems for implementation. Thank you for your participation in the request for information (RFI) process during key activities such as requirements gathering sessions and vendor demos. Your feedback will continue to support the vendor evaluation process, and further inform our solution evaluation. Read the story behind the process below.
By the Numbers
- The technology team collected and validated over 1,500 university specific requirements for the future-state solution. In order to collect these requirements, the team met with over 120 stakeholders across various functions including HR, IT, Finance, and Procurement during more than 30 requirements validation sessions.
- The technology team hosted 4 vendor demos with over 100 UVA stakeholders in attendance, and collected feedback from over 60 UVA demo participants.
- The technology team has distributed and analyzed 2 RFIs. The RFI materials addressed over 250 unique questions between the two RFIs. The Review Committee evaluated over 400 pages of vendor responses in order to further evaluate a HR technology solution that will meet the university business needs.
Step 1: The RFI Process
In November of 2015, the technology team began the RFI process to find a vendor solution at the University. The team created Strategic Pillars, evaluation criteria and guiding principles to guide the vendor selection process.
RFI Review Committee
The RFI Review Committee represents the distinct needs and interests of the Academic Division, the Medical Center, and the University Physicians Group, as well as key UVA stakeholders. The committee invested significant time to thoroughly evaluate the solutions to make key strategic recommendations for the University.
Review Committee Members:
Michael Latsko, HR Strategic Systems and Support, Academic Division
Teresa Wimmer, AVP of Enterprise Applications, Academic Division
John Teahan, Associate Dean for School of Nursing, Academic Division
Brenda Jarrell, Chief of HR and Development, UPG HR
Melissa Frederick, Director of Compensation, HRIS and Workforce planning, Medical Center
Jim Jokl, Chief Enterprise Architect, Academic Division
Leigh Williams, Business Systems Administrator, Medical Center
In November of 2015, the team completed a usability analysis of current HR technology. Check out the usability analysis results.
In January of 2016, the team completed four vendor demos. Over 100 people from across the University participated in the HR Technology Demo process and the team received lots of feedback and input.
- How important a leading user experience is for the UVA community
- The desire to have real-time access to quality data
- A need for a leading technology that innovates and enables
- HR technology capabilities that enable research, healthcare, and the student body
- The desire to have one core HR system to support the entire university
- The importance of staying connected as we continue to evaluate technology solutions
Thank you for your input and participation during the vendor demonstrations. Here is what we heard from you: vendor demo survey results.
Vendor Demo Questions and Answers:
Conclusion to Step 1: Leadership Support
The Executive Sponsors heard your feedback and are committed to pursue a leading cloud solution. The technology team has their support to continue moving forward with the process.
Step 2: What's Next?
The technology team has moved with intent, gathered valuable input from UVA stakeholders and completed work in line with all deadlines. The team will proceed with the evaluation of two of the four vendors who conducted solution demonstrations to become the integrated HR solution at the University. The team will review any gaps between their functionality and the University’s needs and make a final recommendation to the Board of Visitors in June.
If you have questions or concerns please contact the Ufirst technology team.