Meeting the Technology Needs of the University
The Technology team completed its mapping and inventory of all HRIT systems across the University - including the Academic Division and Health System - and conducted usability testing of existing systems. Initial system requirements were determined and Requests for Information (RFIs) have been distributed to potential vendors. Demonstrations and feedback sessions will be conducted upon evaluation of RFI responses in early 2016, after which requirements can be finalized and a technology solution recommended.
Milestones to date
- Completed data and systems mapping and an enterprise-wide IT systems inventory
Complete usability testing of employees and users in the Medical Center, Academic Division, and UPG
- Based on the results of this testing, we have improved the user experience by modifying various website links to improve navigation (less “clicks” to reach the destination) and providing better notifications about browser compatibility.
- Drafted an initial set of requirements
- Distributed an initial Request for Information (RFI) containing over 120 questions to five vendors
- Await and evaluate responses to RFI
- Facilitate vendor demonstrations and feedback sessions
- Finalize requirements, issue definitive procurement request
Evaluate responses, recommend solution(s) for implementation